This is an excellent opportunity to further your career in archaeological post-excavation services. If you are already working at a Supervisor level or are thinking of progressing your career in this field, this post could be for you. This role will entail working closely with and supporting our Project Managers in the delivery of our post-excavation programme and a willingness to take on varied duties in line with our post-excavation programmes. Core tasks will include processing of finds and environmental samples, creation and management of finds and environmental inventories, finds packing (in accordance with museum guidelines and standards), finds tracking to and from specialists and repositories, assisting in the preparation of archives, maintenance and care of processing areas and equipment, and management of consumables and supplies.
Based in our Head Office in Kilrush Co Clare, you will work with the AMS post-excavation team and Archaeological Project Managers across our network of offices.
- Salary range (€34,250 – €40,000 – depending on experience)
Comparative to £29,300 – £33,300 (depending on experience)
- Permanent contract
- A positive and enthusiastic professional interested in an exciting career opportunity with a forward-thinking company
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as on your own
- A graduate in Archaeology or a related discipline
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good inter-personal skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels
- A track-record of working with archaeological samples and objects and an interest in post-excavation
- Experience in post-excavation data management is desirable
- Skills/demonstrable interest in developing a finds/environmental specialism
- A full Irish driving license is desirable
- IAI membership is desirable
- A background in commercial fieldwork would be beneficial
- Competitive salary, under constant review and always current with IAI/CIFA recommendations; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability and previous experience
- AMS is an Equal Opportunities employer
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- 20 days annual leave plus all the Public Holidays.
- Company pension scheme after the probation period is completed
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences
- Paid IAI and/or CIFA membership
Applications via CV and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing applications on receipt and if suitable candidates apply, we will be appointing immediately. The overall closing date for applications will be 17 June 2022. If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Mara Tesorieri on +353 (0)659051543 for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
AMS reserve the right to short-list applicants based on the information provided in the CV. Interviews will be held in MS Teams.
Contact details for two referees will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.