Home-based in UK or Ireland/ Office-based in Kilrush, Co. Clare, Ireland
Salary range (€34,320 – €40,000 – depending on experience)
Comparative to £30,300 – £35,304 (depending on experience)
Archaeological Management Solutions (AMS) is seeking a Graphics Manager to join our Geomatics and Graphics team working on projects in Ireland, the UK and further afield. This is a full-time, permanent position (subject to probation). AMS operates a hybrid working model where the successful candidate can work from home with regular attendance to our head office in Kilrush, Co. Clare, Ireland (located on the world-famous Wild Atlantic Way) or can be permanently office-based in Kilrush if preferred.
You will help lead the Geomatics and Graphics team in producing high-quality mapping, graphics and illustrations for AMS teams as required, including publications and technical reports. This role will entail working closely with and supporting our Head of Technology in the delivery of our graphics programme and you will be responsible for ensuring that graphic outputs meet the industry standards and guidelines.
You will have considerable, demonstratable experience in producing archaeological graphics and illustrations in line with CIfA standards. Key duties will include departmental programming, the delegation of tasks, providing training and support, supervising staff and undertaking quality assurance. You will be involved in the production of technically accurate and visually effective archaeological graphics while applying AMS brand guidelines and styles to graphic outputs. You will contribute new ideas on innovative and efficient graphics procedures including quality assurance measures. You will also design marketing materials for promotional purposes.
- A graduate in archaeology or a related discipline
- Demonstratable experience as an archaeological illustrator working within Ireland or the UK commercial archaeology sector
- Proven expertise in producing high-quality archaeological graphics using appropriate graphics software packages such as Adobe Creative Suite, GIS (QGIS/ArcGIS) and/or CAD
- Proficiency in the production of scale illustrations of archaeological finds using Adobe software
- In-depth knowledge of drawing conventions and how to effectively visualise and represent archaeological data
- Demonstratable track record in workload management and timely delivery of archaeological illustrations
- Experience in preparing illustrations for publication
- Familiarity with archaeological site recording
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as on your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels and provide best practice advice on projects
- Team leadership experience
- Familiarity with artefact photography
- Ability to produce archaeological reconstructions
- Experience in working with data outputs from survey instruments (Trimble/Leica). If none, training will be provided
- Membership of IAI/CIfA. Membership of the CIfA Graphic Archaeology Group would also be desirable
- Competitive salary, under constant review and always current with IAI/CIfA recommendations; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability and previous experience
- AMS is an Equal Opportunities employer
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- 20 days annual leave plus Public Holidays
- Company pension scheme after the probation period is completed
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences
- Paid IAI and/or CIfA membership
Applications via CV and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com. We will be reviewing applications on receipt and if suitable candidates apply, we will contact you for an interview. The closing date for applications will be 14th April 2023. If you would like any further information on this post, please email Laura O’Connor, Head of Technology and Innovation at firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated with the strictest confidence.
AMS reserves the right to short-list applicants based on the information provided in the CV. Interviews will be held in MS Teams.
Contact details for two referees will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.