Archaeological Management Solutions is seeking to recruit a Post-Excavation Archaeologist to be part of the post-excavation team at the company’s offices in Kilrush, Co Clare.
Principal tasks that you will undertake in the role will be the wet sieving of soil samples, sorting of retents, artefact processing, producing accurate processing records and contributing to data structure reports.
- Degree in Archaeology/Environmental Archaeological or relevant practical experience working in post-excavation in Ireland.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently when required.
- Willingness to learn and undertake a wide range of post-excavation tasks and site work when required.
- Ability to work to fixed timescales, including deadlines.
- Previous experience in a post-excavation role.
- Experience of using flotation tank is preferred but not essential, as full training will be provided.
- Reporting experience.
- Full clean drivers’ licence.
€660 per week. Accommodation is not provided. Safe pass, manual handling certificate, minimum of 6 months experience working in archaeology, and excellent references required.